Frequently Asked Questions
What sources of payment does each entity accept?+
Lutheran Care Center Skilled Care Facility
Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicaid, Private Pay, Long Term Care Insurances, and Hospice.
Private Pay, Endowment Plans, or Lease Agreements
Lutheran Care Center Kids Enrichment Center
Private Pay and Project Child
What Doctors visit at Lutheran Care Center and how often does a resident need to be seen?+
Dr. John Opilka, Medical Director
Dr. Robert Frost
Dr. Tina Rozene
Dr. Sean Flynn
Dr. John Merkel
Dr. Thomas Heischmidt
When a person is admitted to the skilled nursing facility they must be seen every 30 days for the first three months then every 60 days thereafter.
What items are needed for the admission interview to Lutheran Care Center?+
• Social Security Card
• Medicare Card
• Insurance Card (Medicare Supplement, Long Term Care, Medicaid Card)
• Picture ID
• Power of Attorney (Health Care and Property, Living Will if applicable)
What personal items does a resident need when being admitted to the skilled nursing facility?+
• 5 -7 changes of clothes
• Pair of non-skid soled shoes
• Slippers with non-skid soles or slipper socks
• Toiletry Items
Ladies: hair brush, toothbrush & paste, Kleenex, make-up, deodorant, lotion
Men: hair brush, toothbrush & paste, Kleenex, electric razor, deodorant, lotion
• Laundry services are included.
Our Laundry department will mark and inventory all
clothing when brought in.
What other in-house services are provided?+
- Medications by Altamont Pharmacy
- Medical Visits by Dr. John Opilka, Medical Director, if needed
- Podiatry Visits by Dr. Laura Kosivzoff, if needed
- Dental Visits by Dr. Christopher Sehy, if needed
- Laboratory Services by Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Care Center
- Portable X-ray by BioTech X-Ray Inc.
What are the visiting hours at Lutheran Care Center?+
We welcome and encourage visitors anytime.
Do you have to be Lutheran to be a resident of Lutheran Care Center?+
No, Lutheran Care Center welcomes persons of all faiths.
How does a person arrange outpatient therapy services?+
If a referral is made by your physician and you would like to receive your therapy services at Lutheran Care Center, please contact our physical therapy department at 618-483-6136 to set up an appointment.
Can visitors eat meals with the residents?+
Yes, it is helpful to have a notice a head of time to be able to accommodate our guests.
How do I learn more?+
You can learn more about Lutheran Care Center in a variety of helpful ways: a phone call at 618-483-6136, we can send you information in the mail or email, set up a tour of the facility, etc. We look forward to meeting you.